All these portraits were taken within two blocks of my studio. A quick, easy shoot for an amazing family. Happy Holidays!!!
Give the gift of an AVP experience for the holidays this year. These cards can be used towards session fees and product orders for new sessions booked between January 1 and March 31, 2014. We promise to great something incredible for your friends and family in 2014!!!
Click below to purchase. You do not need a paypal account. You will receive an email within 24 hours of your purchase from Amy Vining Photography to confirm your purchase. Thank you for giving the gift of AVP!
JANUARY 19, 2014
By popular demand I’m offering a Photoshop workshop in January for all you photography lovers! Time to come in and learn how Photoshop or Photoshop Elements can enhance and fix your photos in easy-to-follow steps. Here’s just a sample of what you’ll be learning:
DURING THE 1/2 DAY WORKSHOP:
I’ll take you through the editing process of several of my portraits, demonstrating the following:
RAW vs. JPEG – what’s the difference and how to know which file type is best?
PPI/DPI – how to crop and deal with resolution of your photos to optimize them for printing or for web sharing.
Storing your photos on your computer, and inexpensive ways to back everything up in case the worst happens.
Layers, Curves, and Color Balance – Three tools that will immediately change the way you handle your photos and take them from good to spectacular.
DURING THE SECOND HALF OF THE WORKSHOP (you must purchase the full day workshop to stay for the second half):
Fixes – Fixing overexposed and underexposed photos, painting light, etc.
Enhancements – brighten eyes, teeth, fix blemishes.
Editing – Learn about my favorite Actions in photoshop and how to find and purchase Actions for yourself.
THIS CLASS IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You own Photoshop and are completely overwhelmed and need to know some basics that will help you make an immediate difference with your photography.
- You take pictures of people, landscape, and nature.
- You are not a professional photographer.
- You want to learn the basics on how to enhance your photos, and also fix errors with exposure and color.
- You like to learn in a fun, casual atmosphere.
- You want your photos to rock!
If you have questions, please feel free to email me. If you’re ready to jump on this opportunity, click below to grab your spot. I will keep the class size limited so I can have time to accommodate any questions that come up, so spots will fill up quickly.
The fourth annual Beguiling Babes contest is a fundraiser for The Dougy Center, and a chance to get some gorgeous portraits of your kids in February 2014.
This year when you pre book your session before December 8, 2013, I’ll match your donation!
Your entry fee of $29 goes straight to the Dougy Center. When you book before Dec 8, I’ll match your donation. Click here to see photos from the Most Beguiling Babes in Portland from the last two years.
- A mini session for your child at my studio. Child must be old enough to sit up on their own, completely unassisted, and no older than 10 years of age.
- The entry fee of $29 is PER CHILD, and is donated 100% to The Dougy Center.
- Special pricing and collections will be made available to Beguiling Babes clients only.
- Contest dates are yet to be announced, but will occur in February 2014. After paying your entry fee (below) you’ll receive a confirmation email from us, and a follow up email after the holidays to schedule your session in February.
- You will return to my studio one week after your shoot to purchase any prints or products you wish to purchase. Beyond your $29 entry fee, no purchase is required to participate.
- Entry fees are non refundable.
- Amy’s favorite photo from your child’s session will be posted on her instagram page. The child with the most “likes” at the end of the contest will win some great prizes (to be announced) from some fantastic local retailers!
Saturday morning I had waaaaayyyy too much fun for an adult. I shot some pics for my friends at Child’s Play Toys on NW 23rd (which by the way has off-street parking available AND free gift wrapping by the fastest, most efficient and friendly staff Eh-VER) and it was an event I’ll never forget. I hope they’ll invite me every year so I have a really good excuse to let my nerd flag fly! I witnessed kids of every size dressed as Jedis, Princesses, Jawas, Sith Lords, and Imperial Guards. (If you don’t know what any of those are, just see the pics, below. And shame on you.)
This is an annual event and Child’s Play donates a portion of their sales to our kids in public schools. So, flying your nerd flag is all for a good cause, and if you missed out this year, you’ll have another chance. Just watch out because I’ll be there with a camera.
What I love about Child’s Play, other than these amazing community-building events that they do for kids, is the passion of their staff and the products they carry. It’s not a typical toy store and the kids I see running around in there are fascinated by everything they find. Your kids will remember their experience there, without a doubt.
I asked Megan at Child’s Play what they have this year for holiday shoppers that is special this year. Spirographs, and the Confetti Guitar by Janod, says Megan! Check out both ideas on the sidebar of their website, here.